Sign in to follow this  
WPN-X7

WANTED- cars to use for some tech articles on here... interested? have a suss..

howdy guys and girls of SA's section.

as the title suggests. i am looking at doing some basic tech articles (in video format) for the tech section of hardtuned.net.

firstly. (seemings as my cars are all sorted)

im looking for some cars that require basic, drift related modifications carried out (ie tie rods, knuckles, clutches,basic suspension bits etc) all to be filmed as a comprehensive how to guide and edited half decently for you folks to give you an idea of what/how to do bits yourself.

essentially. you supply the car and parts. and i can carry out the labour free of cost, if you allow me to film the process. (and dont stress guys, im a qualified mechanic, and do a fair bit of work on some members cars in my free time)

secondly

what basic modifications, would you guys want to see a comprehensive step by step, first person view carried out?

i already have some cars/members lined up for a few bits and pieces that ill be doing, to see how/what people think.. after that however it will all depend on if you guys want more.

suggestions etc feel free to contribute.

cheers. dan.

You can install my castor arms for me, or an electronic boost controller :thumb:

Ahhhhhhhhh just did my rear cradle solid alloy bushes.

Would have been happy to let you fit them!

They were a pain!

Ahhhhhhhhh just did my rear cradle solid alloy bushes.

Would have been happy to let you fit them!

They were a pain!

they are a proper pain in the ass.. but defintely would have been a good one to do.

steering wheels an easy one to do

castors arms another good one, as is a EBC.

already have diff shimming and replacing tie rod/installing lock spacers organised to.

im slowly turning my jzx100 into a mild drifter would be more than happy to help where i can. fist things imdoing are swaybars +castor arms. and more from there owards.

How to bleed brakes smile.png (s14)

thats another very easy one i could knock off easily.

im slowly turning my jzx100 into a mild drifter would be more than happy to help where i can. fist things imdoing are swaybars +castor arms. and more from there owards.

and if your keen, ill definitely be down for that... seemings as most of the guys i know all use the usual s13/14/180sx etc as drifters. some toyota stuff would rule.

Will have a clutch install that needs doing in a couple of weeks if you're keen.

yeah dude ill let you know when i source all my parts and we can smash them out in an afternoon. ill bring my new jack :D

how to change the rear pineapple in a s14 (to allow better grip or drift)

If you have any cheap upgrades in mind dan, I will happily buy them for my car and you can do your thing

It'll be in my garage for 6 months so yeah...

I've got a few things on my s13 you could do. Clutch this week. Cams soon.skyline rear brakes remaining 4 stud and a couple more if you're interested. Would give ya a carton to do the clutch?

Sharky. Your 180 would actually be perfect for some of these bits and pieces.

And looks like I've got a few more cars lined up.

As I've said earlier. Ill be doing this diff shimming guide first. Seeing how that goes down. If people like it and find it helpful ill do some other basic ones, and move onto some bigger stuff later on.

Sharky. Your 180 would actually be perfect for some of these bits and pieces.

And looks like I've got a few more cars lined up.

As I've said earlier. Ill be doing this diff shimming guide first. Seeing how that goes down. If people like it and find it helpful ill do some other basic ones, and move onto some bigger stuff later on.

Let me know man, I've even got a broken wheel stud which would be something people will do

Hey mate got rear camber, toe and traction arms + front castor arms to go in my 180 if your keen

Pm me if your interested

Oh also need guards rolled?

heya guys.

got the first guide in the works now (diff shimming) myself doing the presenting and the actual work/guide. with kranze filming and editing.

and millerman. drop me a inbox if you can!

and i wont be doing guard rolling.. as how i do my guards (as much as it works well) isnt something most people would do...

My diff ? :D

Was going to ask if you wanted to borrow my gopro? Might be cool to have a few different angles in the footage

yep your diff dude.

and all good... we've got kranze on filming duties. (whos a gun at editing/filming bits and pieces)

Im in the process of getting stuff together for a r33gtst brake upgrade, coilovers, suspension arms and rims. if you need any part of that, im happy to get some free labor :lol:

hey mate. ive got everything i need to do a full 32 gtr brake upgrade on my type x.. except the motivation. lemme know if your interested.

yep your diff dude.

and all good... we've got kranze on filming duties. (whos a gun at editing/filming bits and pieces)

You're lucky I've been lazy the last few days as I was going to do that diff cause I'm sick of it in my shed!

too bad you aren't in NSW, my S13 is about to get smashed with everything.

lock spacers, steering shaft spacer, fuel pump, radiator, water pump, diff, clutch, manual conversion, turbo, AFM, oil cooler, battery reloaction and few other things I can't remember right now :)

yep your diff dude.

You're lucky I've been lazy the last few days as I was going to do that diff cause I'm sick of it in my shed!

haha itll be gone early next week and in chris's car once im on actual days off... office works killin' me here!

too bad you aren't in NSW, my S13 is about to get smashed with everything.

lock spacers, steering shaft spacer, fuel pump, radiator, water pump, diff, clutch, manual conversion, turbo, AFM, oil cooler, battery reloaction and few other things I can't remember right now smile.png

and the amount of interstate guys contacting me is spastic... ya'll should move to adelaide.

anyways. stuffs in the works currently. and got more than enough cars to organise some bits with for the next couple of months.

cheers

T518z removal and kando core fitting to it then refit on my s14

my turbo went boom last night on the dyno

I'm feeling lazy lol

well got keen tonight so dont need it removed anymore :)

Edited by 1400R