Sign in to follow this  
smokey

Think before running from police

Shark you're only reading one part of my argument. I agree with you that their discretion is not consistent.

However my point is more towards the police force rather than an individual officer. Always an individual will conduct themselves different to another person. That is human nature. What im tryin to say is that they are instructed to pursue certain things. This all goes back to the point about revenue raising and waste of police resources on petty crimes like jay walking.

To try and explain Yogi's statements further, think of it like this:

Often, people take a crack at me (and all traffic members) by saying "Go and catch a real crook/murderer/rapist" etc etc.

Quite simply, that is not my job. Sure, if I happen to be "johnny on the spot" and catch someone committing a criminal offence then I have the same powers as any other police member. However, I do not respond to these jobs as a matter of course because I am tasked with other responsibilities. In just the same way, if an injury collision happens, it is me that gets the job, not the van crew. Further, Detectives don't generally respond to ANY job unless and until a uniform unit has attended first and then requested the CI. They don't as a rule, pull cars over and issue tickets. Why? They have other duties to focus on.

I am tasked with traffic duties. Every shift, I am given a number of tasks I need to perform, such as breath testing sites etc. Outside of these tasks, what I do (within the bounds of my traffic tasking) and where I go (within my patrol area) is largely up to me.

On the subject of discretion, my job is traffic policing. I do this job because I hold certain values and beliefs. Most traffic members I know hold similar views. One of these views is that "education by enforcement" is a much better tool than warning people. People remember a ticket much longer than they remember a warning, and warnings are not recorded anywhere. So I have no way of checking whether any given motorist has been previously warned for any given offence. I didn't get in to traffic to issue warnings. If I wanted to do that, I would have stayed on the van.

Edited by smokey

I started writing about two sentences about my disappointment with the state of traffic police, but stopped because it's painful even thinking about it all so this sums it up better I think;

f**k the police.

Also if I tried to out run them i could easily do it even if they were allowed to pursue. But my moral sense of conscience will not allow it.

Edited by DeEJaY_

Often, people take a crack at me (and all traffic members) by saying "Go and catch a real crook/murderer/rapist" etc etc.

Quite simply, that is not my job. Sure, if I happen to be "johnny on the spot" and catch someone committing a criminal offence then I have the same powers as any other police member. However, I do not respond to these jobs as a matter of course because I am tasked with other responsibilities. In just the same way, if an injury collision happens, it is me that gets the job, not the van crew. Further, Detectives don't generally respond to ANY job unless and until a uniform unit has attended first and then requested the CI. They don't as a rule, pull cars over and issue tickets. Why? They have other duties to focus on.

I am tasked with traffic duties. Every shift, I am given a number of tasks I need to perform, such as breath testing sites etc. Outside of these tasks, what I do (within the bounds of my traffic tasking) and where I go (within my patrol area) is largely up to me.

On the subject of discretion, my job is traffic policing. I do this job because I hold certain values and beliefs. Most traffic members I know hold similar views. One of these views is that "education by enforcement" is a much better tool than warning people. People remember a ticket much longer than they remember a warning, and warnings are not recorded anywhere. So I have no way of checking whether any given motorist has been previously warned for any given offence. I didn't get in to traffic to issue warnings. If I wanted to do that, I would have stayed on the van.

Wouldnt happen to have the stats of highway/road patrols v cops who are suppose to be targetting crime would ya?

Wouldnt happen to have the stats of highway/road patrols v cops who are suppose to be targetting crime would ya?

Nope. At last count, I think there were about 150 HWP members throughout the state. I believe the total workforce is somewhere around 12,500. I'll do some digging around and see if I can find a number for General Duties members.

Can you come patrol Cranbourne on a saturday night? I get cut off, things chucked at me/my car. There's also this guy in a VT Commodore (SS) and has some piece of shit dials on his bonnet that pulls out of every corner kicking it out.

PLEASE SMOKEY. THINK OF THE OTHER CAMRY USERS LIKE ME.

So the short of it is that we need to change those people above you who are focusing on revenue raising/ pety traiffic fines. and get more cops on the beat doing what most people consider "Real police work". Honestly It makes 100% sense what you said, however on my way to work today I saw a copper with his radar gun hiding and all I could think was "what a f**king prick".

The way the police presence is seen by the public is revenue raising bastards, not guys who are there when you need them. Only way I can see that change is from getting cops off small fines (less than 10km/over) focus on the DUI/Dangerous driving/Real Crimes/Drugs/etc.

on my way to work today I saw a copper with his radar gun hiding and all I could think was "what a f**king prick".

That's not a problem with the police, that's a problem with your attitude.

Road laws exist to ensure the safe and equitable use of the roads by all road users. Police work to ensure those laws are complied with. As I've said before, if everyone simply obeyed the law, then there'd be no need for police patrols. Visible police presence can only do so much. There is a certain class of motorist out there (I have one in my family) who is hell bent on thumbing his nose at the law and doing anything he likes on the roads. These people only modify their driving behaviour for the short time they see or believe a police unit (or camera) might be around, and then they revert to there unlawful behaviour. The only way to catch these people is to hide, as you saw.

I have seen first hand the effects of excessive speed when things go wrong. One that comes immediately to mind is a fatality about 12 or so years ago on Nepean Highway where an elderly pedestrian was crossing the road and was hit by a car doing around 150 km/h. We recovered items from the pedestrian up to 150 metres away.

Of course, this is an extreme example. But the effect of just a 5 km/h increase in speed on your stopping distance is well documented. Speed limits are in place for a reason. Instead of whinging about getting knocked off for speeding by a small margin, wouldn't it make more sense to obey the law in the first place? Sadly, it seems the case that people these days refuse to accept responsibility for their own actions. Nobody else has their foot on the accelerator, yet not a day goes by when someone doesn't say to me something like "You're gonna make me lose my licence" or "This is just revenue raising". Seriously, I don't give a rat's if you're about to lose your licence. All this does is reinforce in my mind that you SHOULD be off the road because your attitude towards driving is all screwed up.

The way the police presence is seen by the public is revenue raising bastards, not guys who are there when you need them. Only way I can see that change is from getting cops off small fines (less than 10km/over) focus on the DUI/Dangerous driving/Real Crimes/Drugs/etc.

That perception, I believe, is one held only by a minority of the community. MOST people try to do the right thing. MOST motorists I pull over accept their tickets and, whilst clearly not happy about it, accept that they made an error.

I won't go in to speed tolerance suffice it to say that as a general rule, you won't see too many police members pulling you over and writing a ticket for being less than 10 k's over the limit. I'm interested to know who you would expect to police the roads if the roughly 1% of the workforce which covers traffic was reallocated to other areas of investigation? The community won't self regulate. If they did, then there'd be no need for my job at all. The van crews are already swamped with work so save for the odd ticket they write between jobs, who is going to do it? Who will attend the collisions?

There was a suggestion floated a number of years ago that traffic enforcement could be privatised / contracted out. Maybe you would prefer that idea?

on my way to work today I saw a copper with his radar gun hiding and all I could think was "what a f**king prick".

That's not a problem with the police, that's a problem with your attitude.

Snap.

I was trying to find a picture of a bunch of black guy's reactions when someone has a good rap battle diss...

Couldn't find one, :(.

Education by enforcement. Hahahaha.

Enforcement may work in the short term, but it does nothing more than build resentment in the long term.

Good to see the police force is still stuck in the 1940s.

Enforcement may work in the short term, but it does nothing more than build resentment in the long term.

So there should be no enforcement? People should be able to do whatever they like without any risk of penalty or consequence?

So there should be no enforcement? People should be able to do whatever they like without any risk of penalty or consequence?

No, but there are far better incentive based alternatives, I think the demerit point system should stay. But the fines are a joke.

I'll post later when I'm on the p.c

I won't go in to speed tolerance suffice it to say that as a general rule, you won't see too many police members pulling you over and writing a ticket for being less than 10 k's over the limit.

You're joking right?

I can count the number of times I have been pulled over and accused of speeding when I WASN'T, threatened with a ticket, and given attitude because I contested and told them my actual speed. I have also invited officers to sit in my car whilst another drives along next to me so as to PROVE my speedo is accurate aswell. None of them have taken me up on the offer. (*Note: None of these officers had a radar. They simply sped/broke the law to catch up to me, then accused me of speeding). I also know of quite a few people that have been fined for 3km/h over the limit.. so I really don't know where you get this 'wont bother with less than 10k's' business. Is this a new mandate you guys have decided to follow?

I'm interested to know who you would expect to police the roads if the roughly 1% of the workforce which covers traffic was reallocated to other areas of investigation? The community won't self regulate. If they did, then there'd be no need for my job at all. The van crews are already swamped with work so save for the odd ticket they write between jobs, who is going to do it? Who will attend the collisions?

There was a suggestion floated a number of years ago that traffic enforcement could be privatised / contracted out. Maybe you would prefer that idea?

No-body is saying there shouldn't be traffic police. (At least in my understanding).

What we are all saying, is that they should actually focus on tasks and duties that catch DANGEROUS DRIVERS. Dangerous, meaning the 10 or so people I nearly get taken out by as I drive home from work every night. The people I see run red lights every day. The dickheads on the road who purposely try and cause accidents/try and create a dangerous situation due to the fact some people have a P plate on their windscreen (and hail abuse because of this).

How about THIS becomes the FOCUS. How about taking dangerous drivers off our road becomes the focus, rather than trying to cause as much inconvenience as possible to a car enthusiast who is just trying to make his way home.

Hey, I'm not saying don't defect anybody.. because thats YOUR JOB right?

But how about changing the focus here to actually try and make a difference, rather than just trying to flex your ego.

(That isn't personally directed at you. Just the majority TMU officers (which all seem to have this ignorent egotistical attitude).

EDIT: I'm sure all TMU are upstanding individuals with road safety as the paramount focus in your minds. But seriously.. Even you smokey would know how when a modified silvia drives past a TMU officer, they f**king jump. Their brain snaps. They get an erection. And they go into "cops and robbers" mode. That is my issue. At this point, the focus of 'road safety' goes completely out the window. And it then becomes a case of "I'm gonna get him."

Edited by Shark

well said shark i think on both points your right on the money.

[That perception, I believe, is one held only by a minority of the community. MOST people try to do the right thing. MOST motorists I pull over accept their tickets and, whilst clearly not happy about it, accept that they made an error.

in the small community/town i live in the majority of people all tend to hold a similar veiw as far as im aware, that the local police are good people trying there hardest to do a very difficult job but mention the tmu and everyone starts a rant on those dam lazy revanue raisers and how they once screwed them or a family member for nothing other than the revanue, we all get to see it first hand every year when near by shepparton gets flooded by tmu chasing coin defecting and fineing all who dare drive through the city the week of spring car nats,

and i think youll find that most people are polite to you and pretend to accept their tickets becouse were all well awear that you hold more power than your ego can handle and if we try to reason with you you will get your back up and ream us further.

god forbid my window tint is 1% darker then legal. Its passed every single rwc ever. However, it is a legitimate cause to have a blitz in the city. Damn those young scallywags and their slightly darker then legal tint!

Not sure where abouts you are stationed Smokey, Don't suppose you've taken a quick drive through the main strip of Knox City shopping centre?

Seem's to have a lot of "New" skid marks where the crossing. Heck, I've seen a lot of freshly laid patches up my way in the hills :wacko:

I think more and more idiots are emerging and trying to act all hardcore and shit.

Hey smokey, thoughts on cameras targetting people on sloppey roads? do you think that is an exceptable way to curve the road toll?

serious question.

QFT!

Edited by omglolz

So Smokey, would you agree that someone should lose their licence for getting caught 1km/ph over the limit twice and a p plate fallen down once?

Edited by slidin' 71

I have also invited officers to sit in my car whilst another drives along next to me so as to PROVE my speedo is accurate aswell. None of them have taken me up on the offer.

I wouldn't either. It's irrelevant.

(*Note: None of these officers had a radar. They simply sped/broke the law to catch up to me, then accused me of speeding).

How do you manage to come up with the assertion they broke the law? You do understand police have a general exemption under the Road Rules, right? Not having a RADAR is also irrelevant. I have other tools at my disposal that I can use for speed detection. I can also use (and have successfully prosecuted) my estimation of a vehicle's speed. No device needed.

I also know of quite a few people that have been fined for 3km/h over the limit..

Are we actually talking about being pulled over by a police member, or being issued a fine as a result of a camera detection?

I'm interested to know who you would expect to police the roads if the roughly 1% of the workforce which covers traffic was reallocated to other areas of investigation? The community won't self regulate. If they did, then there'd be no need for my job at all. The van crews are already swamped with work so save for the odd ticket they write between jobs, who is going to do it? Who will attend the collisions?

No-body is saying there shouldn't be traffic police. (At least in my understanding).

What we are all saying, is that they should actually focus on tasks and duties that catch DANGEROUS DRIVERS. Dangerous, meaning the 10 or so people I nearly get taken out by as I drive home from work every night. The people I see run red lights every day. The dickheads on the road who purposely try and cause accidents/try and create a dangerous situation due to the fact some people have a P plate on their windscreen (and hail abuse because of this).

How about THIS becomes the FOCUS. How about taking dangerous drivers off our road becomes the focus, rather than trying to cause as much inconvenience as possible to a car enthusiast who is just trying to make his way home.

But how about changing the focus here to actually try and make a difference, rather than just trying to flex your ego.

(That isn't personally directed at you. Just the majority TMU officers (which all seem to have this ignorent egotistical attitude).

And every one of those offences you have mentioned have been the subject of some peanut accusing me of revenue raising, simply because I caught them doing it. Traffic lights are a classic example. Seatbelts are another one. The amount of times I've heard someone argue that they aren't hurting anyone else so I am doing nothing but revenue raising is ridiculous. It really is as simple as obeying the road safety laws. If you obey the laws, you won't be fined.

On the subject of catching others, we can't be everywhere all the time. We can only deal with what we see.

[That perception, I believe, is one held only by a minority of the community. MOST people try to do the right thing. MOST motorists I pull over accept their tickets and, whilst clearly not happy about it, accept that they made an error.

in the small community/town i live in the majority of people all tend to hold a similar veiw as far as im aware, that the local police are good people trying there hardest to do a very difficult job but mention the tmu and everyone starts a rant on those dam lazy revanue raisers and how they once screwed them or a family member for nothing other than the revanue, we all get to see it first hand every year when near by shepparton gets flooded by tmu chasing coin defecting and fineing all who dare drive through the city the week of spring car nats,

and i think youll find that most people are polite to you and pretend to accept their tickets becouse were all well awear that you hold more power than your ego can handle and if we try to reason with you you will get your back up and ream us further.

Having been based in a country town, I am well aware of the differences between country and metro policing. I am also aware of the effects that 1 ticket issued in a country town can have. You could almost see the ripples through the community as the word spread that "John got a ticket at that stop sign". I am also very well aware that the local General Duties members rarely issue tickets to motorists in their own town, for a variety of reasons. Instead, they leave it up to the HWP to come in from time to time and police the roads for them. It is an arrangement that works for the local members as well as the HWP.

Not sure where abouts you are stationed Smokey, Don't suppose you've taken a quick drive through the main strip of Knox City shopping centre?

Seem's to have a lot of "New" skid marks where the crossing. Heck, I've seen a lot of freshly laid patches up my way in the hills wacko.png

Yep. Know them well. As I said before, we can't be everywhere all the time, and we can't catch everybody behaving badly on the roads. The Ozone area is regularly looked at and will continue to be.

Hey smokey, thoughts on cameras targetting people on sloppey roads? do you think that is an exceptable way to curve the road toll?

There is policy that governs the placement of cameras. That said, my personal opinion is that cameras should be able to be placed anywhere, including at the base of hills, to catch those behaving unlawfully. Just because you are going downhill does not give you open slather to exceed the speed limit.

So Smokey, would you agree that someone should lose their licence for getting caught 1km/ph over the limit twice and a p plate fallen down once?

Yep, absolutely. Probationary licence holders may only accrue 5 Demerit Points in any 12 month period. Young drivers are the most at risk of being involved in road trauma. They need to be driving in a safe manner, and be conscious of the road laws and their surroundings. Arguing that a P Plate "must have fallen down" tells me the driver either lying and they deliberately took the plate down, or they are just plain lazy with respect to their driving. This comes back to attitude. Driving a motor vehicle brings with it a great deal of responsibility. If a driver is not going to take that responsibility seriously, then perhaps they need to reconsider whether they should be on the road at all. Holding a driver's licence is not a right. It is a privilege. And one that can be revoked should it be demonstrated that a driver doesn't deserve that privilege.

I haven't read a more convoluted mess in my entire life, your focus is on road safety smokey as it should be however;

• your audience is that of modified car owners who have been subject to mass harassment only because of the "nature of their cars" and as such is very bitter towards the force who only compounds the matter by continuing on the same M.O year after year
  • everyone is pissing and moaning that they're unfairly targeted and given unwarranted fines and had their (or their friend's cars) epa'd or defected due to the discretion of the officer dealing with them

Yesterday afternoon and this morning I dealt with 2 instances of blatant disregard for laws and safety with the first instance a VN driver (cut springs, drop tank....you know one of the good ones) rip right past me, weave through traffic without using an indicator in any passing he did and to cap it all off he did a left hand turn at an intersection, believe it or not, on a clear red (main rd and edgars rd thomastown). Second instance was this morning, dropped my mum off at work and on the way back home (driving along Mc Donalds road, Epping) some cashed up fag.got rips past me at over 100 and unbelievable ALSO RUNS A RED, BOTH instances in broad daylight, and not one of your 150 TMU members in sight YET on Friday nights along the most unused portion of edgars rd (between kingsway dr and cooper st) there was a TMU member waiting with his radar gun perched on the u-turn ready to pounce. Opportunistic behavior at best and that's very disappointing not to mention it further fuels the us v them segregation of modified car owners versus the TMU.

Lastly because of over zealous officers my car will see very little street time because I will run the risk of a $300 fine for driving a modified car where it is nothing short of a VERY competent car with an experienced driver behind the wheel (been driving since 2001).

But I guess my car is a danger to the roads and everyone on them because I have new coilovers and every adjustable arm and 70mm more track at the front making my wheel alignments grippy as f**k not to mention my r33 brake upgrade with braided lines on my s15 resulting in a car that responds to steering input and brakes better than a EA falcon that hasn't been serviced in 2 years with worn and torn bushes, spongy brakes with shitty leaking rubber lines and saggy shocks that are the same ones from factory that would nose dive at anything over 10km/h, but hey it's a falcon and therefore a stereo typically safer car right?

So stop pissing in the wind, come to a vicdrift general meeting and have an open forum so you have an audience in the demographic that feels like its being targeted unfairly so you can discuss your side of the coin and ours. We don't bite...

I said once you sound like you are reading from a book, you now sound like you're on the back foot defending your position.

I'm just off to drive through to cranbourne now in a commodore but ill be sure to not use my indicator, speed, run red lights and not be looked at and have a clear conscience but know that when I'm in my silvia because its exhaust is loud understand that I am polluting the world and killing babies with my low front bar.

What a f**king mess, this state can go f**k itself in the ass with the sharp end of a broken broom stick.

Edited by D1 SPEC

and no it's not my responsibility to report those retarded drivers I mentioned.

I feel like smokey doesn't owe us anything, so everyone needs to stop getting so worked up.

I generally drive like a nanna but on the rare occasion I do give it a squirt, if I get caught by a radar, camera, or tmu then that all lies all with myself.

I don't agree about the law being so black and white. In regards to p plates falling off etc. I would hope if it's a nice respectable kid(regardless of wether he drives a hoon car or yaris) that a warning would be issued instead of a fine.

Afterall no one is perfect and definitely do not deserve to be punished to the full extent of the law in every circumstance.

Even you tmu are not perfect, I recently witnessed a motorcycle cop overtake through double white lines and come close to being swept up by oncoming traffic because the semi in front was taking off too slow and before you say he may off had job to get to it was clearly a patience issue as I could see him getting frustrated being behind the semi. I also caught up to him further down the road and he pulled over another vehicle that was driving near me.

Edited by omg_its_trent

Having been based in a country town, I am well aware of the differences between country and metro policing. I am also aware of the effects that 1 ticket issued in a country town can have. You could almost see the ripples through the community as the word spread that "John got a ticket at that stop sign". I am also very well aware that the local General Duties members rarely issue tickets to motorists in their own town, for a variety of reasons. Instead, they leave it up to the HWP to come in from time to time and police the roads for them. It is an arrangement that works for the local members as well as the HWP.

On the cotrary champ the local members in my reajon are well known for a strong focus on puplic saftey, they often take the licences of drink drivers hand out defects to dangerous cars, (cars that actually are dangerous ie bald tyres and other real saftey issues not pod filters, empty washer bottles and 1 to 5% over limit window tint. ) set up speed traps in notoriously dangerous areas and they even impound the odd car when someone gets to silly for there own good and they have our respect for this help, lol iv even been warned by a local officer that tmu was cumming to town on the weekend and to tell my friends and family its probably best to avoid driving around town for that weekend.

PS if you would like a little more respect and compliance from the general public and car enthiusiast's mabie drop the elitest bs stop talking about classes like your better than everyone else,stop bragging about reaming innocent motorists like letting the canaries fly on enthusiasts that have gathereed in a car park for a chat, leave out the regurgitation of the obvious bs propaganda as in If you do nothing wrong you have nothing to fear from tmu, im sure you may come accross some real knuckle heads in your traveles but that is no excuse to talk to all of us in a condescending manner like were all idiots, just as it is no excuse to ream an innocent motorists just becouse the last guy you delt with was a real shocker. stereotyping does you no favours and makes you look just as small minded as a racist hick. Im sorry if you find any of this advice offencive mate but that is not my intention im trying to be honest and helpfull to you as i to would like to see safer and more enjoyable roads for all!

Edited by Lowe

I have also invited officers to sit in my car whilst another drives along next to me so as to PROVE my speedo is accurate aswell. None of them have taken me up on the offer.

I wouldn't either. It's irrelevant.

Well it was the best thing I could come up with at the time as to show some kind of PROOF that their 'assumptions' were completely wrong. As soon as I mentioned doing this, they went completely silent, and started saying "we were only going to give you a warning, but if you're going to be such a smartarse then I'll give you a fine."

I honsetly didn't realise that being a genuine individual trying to give an officer a way to go about using SOMETHING to gain some proof, constituted being given a fine for a road law violation (considering I broke none). But then again.. this officer obviously knows the law better than me, right?

(*Note: None of these officers had a radar. They simply sped/broke the law to catch up to me, then accused me of speeding).

How do you manage to come up with the assertion they broke the law? You do understand police have a general exemption under the Road Rules, right? Not having a RADAR is also irrelevant. I have other tools at my disposal that I can use for speed detection. I can also use (and have successfully prosecuted) my estimation of a vehicle's speed. No device needed.

Assertion? This is what the officers said to me when I said/asked "how do you know I was speeding? I was under 80km/h", and I quote: "We were in traffic and had to sit on 95km/h to catch you."

So no smokey, I wasn't making an assertion. Although funny you should think that. How typical of a TMU officer to automatically think that I'm in the wrong.

These officers admitted to breaking the law just to 'catch up to me.' So that's how I came up with such an 'assertion' :doh:

Congratulations on prosecuting an individual via your god given talent (or maybe its a learned skill?)

These officers used no other tools at their disposal, and they were no where near me. They were way back in traffic, had to speed and weave through people to catch up to me, and then couldn't get me to admit/say I was speeding, so they dropped it.

What do you mean by general exemption? That they are legally allowed to speed at 15km/h above the limit, weaving through traffic with no lights on, to catch up to a random car, so they can then put the red and blues on and pull me over only to ACCUSE me of speeding? That is allowed? Fair enough.. But you'd think police officers would be trained in road safety right? :lol:

I also know of quite a few people that have been fined for 3km/h over the limit..

Are we actually talking about being pulled over by a police member, or being issued a fine as a result of a camera detection?

Pulled over by a police member. (The people I 'know' who are in question, are 2 family members and 2 friends)

And every one of those offences you have mentioned have been the subject of some peanut accusing me of revenue raising, simply because I caught them doing it. Traffic lights are a classic example. Seatbelts are another one. The amount of times I've heard someone argue that they aren't hurting anyone else so I am doing nothing but revenue raising is ridiculous. It really is as simple as obeying the road safety laws. If you obey the laws, you won't be fined.

On the subject of catching others, we can't be everywhere all the time. We can only deal with what we see.

Totally avoided my point there. And going by your level of internet intelligence, I know for a fact you understand what I'm saying. Maybe you should quit the force and become a lawyer smokey. I think you'd be pretty good at it.

Edited by Shark

I think that people caught doing certain things ie over 20kph over speed limit/doing burnouts/ ect... should not get a fine they should be forced to sacrifice a weekend…

First day going to hospital wards and actually seeing the affects of road crash victims and attending a road safety seminar.

Then on the Sunday doing some sort of public service (road side clean up. or whatever else that is needed)

Trust me this will do MUCH MUCH more than any fine for over 20kph would do…..

But no the government isn’t really serious about road safety.

Wow.... Ok...

Some of you know what was done to my old 32 (full cage, primer, mismatched wheels ect ect) and that I used to drive it everywhere; in the city for work, cruises, hills, hwy fri night, everywhere - it was my daily.

I have a fair amount of run ins with not only hwy patrol but also the local vans, and I have NEVER been picked on for minor things like tint, load ratings. In 3 years or ownership and litterally around 15-20 run ins with the police I only recieved

1 minor defect: steering wheel not padded (fair enough I can see the safety aspect in a collision), pod and intercooler (I don't blame the hwy patrolmen, did have a noticeable loud spool n dose)

2nd defect: major height, tires protruding guards (I had rubber n scratches from delman all over my guards lol) and rears were on belts - I was the fk wit too lazy to swap my wheels that day... Shit happens.

All my other run ins have been defect free, EPA free, infringement free...

Im sorry, but if some of you are copping defects for stupid shit, you must be a total f**kwit! We have been caught sliding in the industrials and hills by the police, they say what they have to say, we had a ciggie together and they were on their way.

It's all attitude - they are human beings just like you. The police are just doing their job - if you make it harder for them, trust me they will make it much harder for you.

Btw some of you have some good arguments... But I honestly think it would do more good being sent to your local pm, the traffic minister or the media.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/two-drivers-killed-after-police-pursuit-20120121-1qays.html

Two drivers have died in a two-car crash in country Victoria, after one of the cars involved was pursued by police.

hows that work?

Don't run from the police?

"She said the pursuit was terminated before the crash."

Edited by DjeMz