Sign in to follow this  
vik

Ideal Wheel Size for s14

hey i've got a '98 s14 and was looking at buying some 18s for it. what do you guys reckon is the ideal width for an s14..?

18x8 on the front and 18x9 on the back.

Or

18x8.5 on the front and 18x9.5 on the back if you're prepared to do some guard rolling.

least work possible would be best

IMO the perfect combination of width and offset would be 18x8 and 18x9 with about +25 front and rear

everyone has different opinions, i like the wheels outside edge to sit squarely with the widest part of the arch.

best handling charateristics would be 8 and 9 as mentioned above 8.5 and 9.5 is good as well looks phatter but depends on how low you drop your car your wheels width and profile you might just need to lip ur guards but that aint too dear :)

soft guys ^^^^^

i used to own a s14a,

if you want a good size, then go a 9 inch for the front and a 10 inch for the rear. they will fit without any mods to the guards just get the right offset.

i used to have R33 GTR wheels for mine which were 9 inches front and rear.

if im correct and mxfly would be the person to ask, get a 9 inch for the front with a +25 offset and a 10 inch for the rear with a +35 offset and it should fit right.

put a 225 on the front and a 245 on the rear and it should be good.

p.s. i have the R33 GTR wheels for sale if your interested. check my sig for a link with pictures.

Depends on weather or not you have coilovers.

If you end up lowering your car, most of not all 9 inch rims will not fit on the front with the stock strut. (Unless you do something stupid like put 205s on them)

18x8.5 on the front and 18x9.5 on the back if you're prepared to do some guard rolling.

I have those sizes on my car and they fit without any mods at all but then again they have crap offset and i would like to get some spacers to fill the gaurds out

19 with 8.5s x 9.5s will go on no worries...

see my avatar? NO LIPPING OR GUARD ROLLING........... :D

personally if you want handling dont go over 18s,

although if its street only 19s look sexy and you

wont noticeably feel the difference...

i had 20inch rollers on my old S14a with 235 tread all round with absolutly no gaurd or suspension mods bar a slamming courtousy of king springs... lol...

though i dont recommend 20s as its a ruff ride...

picture047xh1.jpg

soft guys ^^^^^

i used to own a s14a,

if you want a good size, then go a 9 inch for the front and a 10 inch for the rear. they will fit without any mods to the guards just get the right offset.

if im correct and mxfly would be the person to ask, get a 9 inch for the front with a +25 offset and a 10 inch for the rear with a +35 offset and it should fit right.

p.s. i have the R33 GTR wheels for sale if your interested. check my sig for a link with pictures.

Did you fit the 9" rim with stock suspension? I have/had a feeling it wouldnt fit with the stock struts

soft guys ^^^^^

i used to own a s14a,

Thus negating any benfit other than hektikness, dont even think about telling me about sidewall stiffness, if thats your problem buy some decent fkn tyres.

245F

265R

unless it is you baught the wheels to pose, :ph34r:

chep_boiled_rice.jpg

Depends on what suspension you have. my s14a has coilovers and im running r33gtr rims all round...they are 9inch wide and +30 offset.....however for me personally I found the offset was quiette gay ;) so i run 25mm bolt on spacers all round making the total offset +5mm. I am unsure of the fitting on the front as I have 25mm fenders on the front however the rear quards are dead stock. So my info is only really usefull for the rear! Btw my tire size is 215/45

got 8.5 front and 9.5 rear click on my link for a preveiw also selling myn,.... s14a have big room for wheels so utalise it get 9.5 or 10s man

soft guys ^^^^^

i used to own a s14a,

Thus negating any benfit other than hektikness, dont even think about telling me about sidewall stiffness, if thats your problem buy some decent fkn tyres.

245F

265R

actually most ppl who give shit to stretched tyres dont usually do much serious driving so its ironic that you say its for pose value.

225 on a 9j and 245 on a 10j is hardly being radical with stretch :rolleyes:

18's are an ideal choice.

they are talkin about the width and offset too....

soft guys ^^^^^

i used to own a s14a,

245F

265R

actually most ppl who give shit to stretched tyres dont usually do much serious driving so its ironic that you say its for pose value.

And your aware of this info because you know where and how i drive? You call drifting serious driving :lol:

I dont know about you, I buy wheels to fit bigger rubber, not the same or less.

Its ok that your a hektik drift king and all aussies have shit offsets and run mild streches compared to your mates, but wake up *richard cranium* we're not in japan.

dont you have another forum to act cool on?

Depends on weather or not you have coilovers.

If you end up lowering your car, most of not all 9 inch rims will not fit on the front with the stock strut. (Unless you do something stupid like put 205s on them)

Wrong in my case man!

I had 17x9.5+15 on the front on my S14a with 235's slightly stretched on em and had no problems at all rubbing against anything...!

soft guys ^^^^^

i used to own a s14a,

245F

265R

So, Who are you buying your ICE from again?

Was it mokbel or renee rivkin?

And your aware of this info because you know where and how i drive? You call drifting serious driving :lol:

I dont know about you, I buy wheels to fit bigger rubber, not the same or less.

Its ok that your a hektik drift king and all aussies have shit offsets and run mild streches compared to your mates, but wake up *richard cranium* we're not in japan.

dont you have another forum to act cool on?

No it was a generalisation. But is true an alarming amount of the time with the anti stretch nazis. So enlighten me, what kind of motorsports are you involved in and what size wheels and tyre type are you using/recommend?

With most forms of motorsport grip is by far the most important part of a tyre so there is no possible way to skimp on the tyre you use so you are forced to use some super expensive stiff sidewall tyre. In drifting how ever you can often get away with a lower quality tyre (and save cost while you are at it) unfortunately alot of the cheaper tyres sidewalls are very soft. By stretching a cheap tyre you can give it a much better feel. This also relates to the street where most ppl dont want to spend a fortune on tyres when they are going to be just cruising around 90% of the time.

I didnt realise that by not being in Japan you had to run 235s on a 7" rim from tempe tyres, being in Australia shouldnt mean your car has to look like arse. <_>

If acting cool is voicing my opinion and disagreeing with you then my apologies, just call me Fonzie :blush:

people on here talk alot of garbage, speak to mxfly or someone in the know,

before anyone mocks tempe, i have had over twenty people enquire about

my rims........BOUGHT FROM TEMPE.... axis are a descent rim...

idiots pick the bad rims on there car's, seriously who runs 7's... oh YO VTEC BOY.

people on here talk alot of garbage, speak to mxfly or someone in the know,

I hope your not talking about me :wub:

before anyone mocks tempe, i have had over twenty people enquire about

my rims........BOUGHT FROM TEMPE.... axis are a descent rim...

idiots pick the bad rims on there car's, seriously who runs 7's... oh YO VTEC BOY.

I used tempe as an example cause that seems to be where most of those horrible cast cheap honda size/offset wheels that ppl fit to their nissans come from.